12.08.2006

Rick Springfield Fan Appreciation

So after I tossed up the Rick Springfield review, I got a letter from a lady from New Jersey. What is she doing reading an online paper based in Chattanooga, TN? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm figuring she used to live here and likes to stay in touch. Or maybe she Googled "Rick Springfield," and ended up there. Either way, it's great stuff. I left her name out for her privacy (obviously), but have posted the letter in its entirety and original color.

What makes this most interesting is how rarely I hear from anyone who reads the reviews. I mean, the band or author or film maker people will drop me a line saying thanks, but I think in my five years of doing them, I've gotten a mere 3 or 4 comments from people unassociated with the band/writer/film being reviewed. There was one great letter I got from a very concerned punk rocker, who said my review of MXPX's Panic was a load of crock. Maybe I'll track that one down and post it. It's definitely a great read.

Anyway, the letter is below. Now I challenge you to get a copy of it and TRY not to see what happens at 23:05.

No comments: