1.29.2007

Publix is LIFE

As many others, I enjoy hopping on the Chattanoogan.com to check out the local haps, and I send in an occassional music review. What I really dig about it is that, while an official paper, it is often used almost as a message board. That allows people to hear all about different people's perspectives on important issues like kudzu-eating goats and the like.

Today, I hopped on there and scanned an "article"--more of a letter--from a concerned citizen who feels Bi-Lo is barbaric and Publix is for the educated elite who will pay extra just for improved selection and whatnot. No problem. Seen this kind of post numerous times. What is a problem is that the American people don't know how to use the English language.

See Exhibit A:



That's right. This fellow a. doesn't know the difference between then and than or b. doesn't know how to use the delete key on his keyboard. Either way, this drives me insane. I mean, I make mistakes, too, but even I get this kind of silliness correct.

Once I caught that mistake, I found myself feeling rather elite. "Where you get your grocery really matters," I thought to myself. "NOT! Crap--if it eats, digests, and leaves my system, I'm golden. Who cares if the aisles were dusty where I picked the package off the shelf?"

And I think I'm justified in my superiority.

hahahahaha

No comments: