12.12.2008

Heath Ledger Is Amazing

Okay, so I waited until the new Batman was out of theaters and in my local video store to watch it. And I was not disappointed. Good story, fun action scenes, creepy villains.

Oh yeah, there's also that Heath Ledger guy in it. He was awesome. Unfortunately, not so awesome that I voted him in for every big movie award known to man. After all the hype, I suppose it's impossible for Ledger's performance to have met the expectations, so I don't hold it against the guy. He was just doing his job and some folks became sentimental and went a bit overboard.

But the movie is good. The whole thing. Every actor. Every actress. Even the dialogue. Not like the campy Batman flicks of my youth, but thoughtful.

So if you've yet to see the new Batman, get to it. You won't get to stare at a beautiful Heath Ledger (too much makeup) or even hear his regular voice (he sounds rather maniacal), but there is a lot of movie to enjoy.

1 comment:

Joelsephus said...

On the whole campy vs. thoughtful thing, my take is that the older Batman films were more designed for the fans of the much more campy tv show of the 60's (not sure if that's when they started), while the last two have been aimed at the comic book fans (as have been a number of movies recently). The Batman comics have always tended to be fairly dark and more realistic than most comics.