12.06.2006

I Want a Record Player


Not having a record player is something I've struggled with on and off over the last few years. Well, the last 15 or so. Pretty much ever since I upgraded to a cool radio with a 5-disc CD player that no longer works, but it doesn't really matter because I've now got a DVD player that plays my CDs.

So now I'm to the point that I really think I'm ready for the responsibility of a record player. You know, the space, the special care, the occassional needle purchases, etc... Why? Because I went to Chad's the other day. It's been a long time since I've been there, but there are so many great records, and so many of them aren't available--at least at a decent price or easily accessible--on any other format. All I have to do now is A) Tell whoever has me for Christmas that that's what I want (the wife already got me something) or B) Earn enough extra cash doing miscellaneous things--writing, fixing the apt next door, etc...--to warrant a $50 splurge.

Or, if you have one you'd like to give me, and it's in working order, that would be great. Preferably a slim one that can fit nicely in tight spaces. I promise it would be in a good home.

No comments: