3.05.2007

Drowning and Thankful

My wife grew up in an artistic family. While simple in structure, that short sentence is loaded with meaning.

1. She loves art.
2. She has some artistic leanings.
3. She's used to living in a constant flux of financial security and insecurity.

That said, she's my perfect wife. While I have a full-time, professional job, it's not enough to live on. I mean, we never go out to eat (okay, maybe once a month) and though we have two kids, we've only paid for a babysitter once--maybe twice in the past 3.5 years. Neither of us care much about movies, so we rent one or possibly two a month. Basically, we get this many just to get our free monthly rental from Blockbuster that can only be had if you rent one a month.

All this is to say that despite the inability to live on a single income, God has been more than gracious with us. We've never not been able to eat (though groceries have put us in the hole many a time), our mortgage is always miraculously paid, and new business opportunities are constantly popping up. For instance, my neighbor needs me to renovate an apartment behind his house. I agreed to do small projects, but I've got so much freelance work right now I haven't had the time to even start. And wife and wife's sister have a wedding flower business that is picking up steam, whether they're ready for it or not. They do great work, so it was only a matter of time.

Now I just have to figure out how to wrap up these posts...or does it really matter? It's my little online diary, so I guess I can close however I want, even if it includes stopping mid-sente

No comments: